If you like my recommendations, go buy the books from my amazon store and help me earn $.04.
There are two features I try to incorporate into each review.
Rating – This is more or less on a five point scale, but I feel it is a little more specific. Sometimes I will give it multiple ratings if I think different people/groups would view it differently.
- Must Read – Fairly self-explanatory, I think that it necessary for whomever is interested in the topic.
- Put It On Your List – You should eventually get around to this, most avid readers keep a list or plan of things to read or for reading.
- If You Have Time – Low priority on the list, get to it after others if you are looking for something to read.
- Probably Not Worth the Time – Also self-explanatory. Lower level than above, so if you really just need something to read, might as well.
- Pass – Not even worth buying or reading.
Level – I try to give an idea of things like readability or knowledge level. Someone not familiar basic Christianity shouldn’t jump to Reformed Dogmatics or someone looking for beach reading should take American President, no matter how much the like history.
Also, there will typically be a summary, giving you the basic info on the book, and then a review, which is just my reaction/thoughts on the book.
Hope you like them, check back often as I will try to add one a week.
A Different Kind of Happiness
Disciplines of a Godly Man
Do More, Better
Every Good Endeavor
Fathered By God
Four Views on Hell (Second Edition)
Four Views of the Historical Adam
How Would Jesus Vote?
How to Read Genesis
Just Do Something
Speaking of Homosexuality
The Mighty Weakness of John Knox
The Trinitarian Devotion of John Owen
The Unwavering Resolve of Johnathan Edwards
The Year Without a Purchase
What Christians Ought to Believe
Unsolicited Reviews. I’ve been meaning to write something about the recently as I have received a few. At this point, I am not doing unsolicited reviews for free. Possible exceptions include books on history, theology, or that are biographies. If you would like to contact me about review a book, you can email me at MondayMorningTheologian@GMail.com